IT and Telecom
There are many legal pitfalls within e-commerce and IT and telecom when digital services cross borders and national legislation.
Through many years we have specialised in IT and telecommunications law, and our interdisciplinary data protection team has a solid background within life science, employment law, corporate law, tax, e-commerce, and intellectual property rights.
Due to our unique Nordic and Baltic approach, we are able to provide one-off solutions covering several countries.
We can assist with:
- IT agreements and negotiations within Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) projects
- Handling of outsourcing
- Application Services Provider (ASP) services
- System development
- Web development
- Software licenses
- Support services
- OEM-based production
In addition, NJORD specialists have very good knowledge about e-commerce and other Internet based business related legal areas. We assist in obtaining permits for e-shops and to draft general terms and conditions for e-shops, standard sales agreements and policing information made public on webpages to ensure that they are following current rules and regulations.
We also advise clients in all aspects of national, European, and international data protection issues with regard to non-sensitive personal data as well as the special protection in relation to sensitive personal data.
Our services include:
- Local and Scandinavian compliance of Sarbanes-Oxley whistleblower provisions
- Compliance for biobanks for research purposes
- Pharmaceutical testing compliance
- Website compliance – for example terms and conditions, collection of data by consent, and privacy policies
- Structuring export of personal data to U.S. Safe Harbour organisations
- Notifications and approvals with the local data protection agencies
“NJORD Law Firm’s IT and telecoms practice has extensive experience of handling cross-border matters for a wide range of clients, including AT&T and Philips. Litigator Thomas Ryhl and data protection expert Lars Lokdam head the team.”
– Legal 500, 2017
– Legal 500, 2017
NJORD is classed as “Other Noted Firm” within Information Technology (i.e. active but not yet ranked) by Chambers and Partners, 2017.
“Lars Lokdam and Thomas Ryhl co-head the integrated department at NJORD Law Firm, which has substantial expertise in compliance issues and data protection. Peter Gustav Olson specialises in trade marks and domain names.”
– Legal 500, 2016