Peter Gustav Olson specialises in EU trademarks and domain names.
In the last 15 years Peter Gustav Olson has filed over 1000 CTM applications and has been involved in over 500 CTM oppositions (as opponent as well as applicant).
Peter Gustav Olson has a U.S. law degree from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law. He moved to Denmark and got a Danish law degree in 1997. This was right near the beginning of the CTM in 1996, and Peter was educated in up-to-date EU Law and was bullish about the CTM from the start.
The World Trademark Review has personally rated Peter Gustav Olson.
„Trademark virtuoso Peter Gustav Olson is “a perceptive strategist and an expert on EU trademarks”. Having filed over 1,200 Community trademark applications and been involved in more than 600 Community trademark oppositions throughout his career, clients can sleep soundly knowing their marks are safe in his hands.“
- Co-author to a chapter on Denmark in „Trademark Law & the Internet“, 1st Edition 1999 and 2nd Edition 2001, International Trademark Association (INTA), Contribution Survey Respondent
- Wrote Deciding the issue of likelihood of confusion in trademark disputes – the division of competence between the ECJ and the national courts“, thesis at the University of Copenhagen 1995
- Co-author to a chapter on Denmark in „Trademark Law Handbook“, 1999, International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Member of the International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Member of the Bar of District of Columbia Court of Appeals (Washington, D.C. Bar
- Member of the Danish Law Society
2015-NJORD Law Firm, partner
2008-2014MAQS Law Firm, partner
2001-2008Plesner Law Firm, Attorney
1992-2001Trademark Attorney, International Patent Bureau
2000Admitted to the Bar
1995University of Copenhagen, Master of Law
1984University of California, Hastings College of the Law, Juris Doctor
1980Michigan State University, Bachelor of Science
Danish, Swedish, and English.