Christian Benedictsen-Nislev is specialised within shipping and logistics. He advises ship owners, cargo interests, insurance companies, investment funds, banks, and other companies within the maritime and transportation industry on contentious and transactional matters.
Christian Benedictsen-Nislev has extensive experience with litigation from smaller matters to the largest cases. In addition, his experience includes sale and purchase of ships, newbuilding contracts and ship finance. He has worked extensively with charter parties, pool agreements, repair contracts, and supplier agreements, as well as the trading and storage of commodities.
Christian Benedictsen-Nislev is qualified as an English solicitor, and advises on both Danish and English law. He has conducted arbitrations in Copenhagen and London.
Furthermore, Christian Benedictsen-Nislev has a strong commercial focus and a solid practical understanding of the world of finance, banking, and investments, obtained from his many years in the service of the best law firms in Copenhagen and the City of London.
- Co-author of The Shipping Law Review’s chapter on Denmark ”RECYCLECON – a new standard contract for ship recycling”, BIMCO’s Bulletin 2012
- Co-author responsible for chapter III, ”Maritime Law Handbook”, Kluwer Law / IBA, February 2013
- Co-author responsible for chapter 14 on charter parties. Judicial Sales of Vessels and Priority of Claims – The annotated Danish Merchant Shipping Act, 4th edition, DJØF, 18 December 2012
- Member of Comité Maritime International (CMI)
- Member of the Law Society of England and Wales
2018-NJORD Law Firm, partner
2016-2018NJORD Law Firm, attorney
2011-2016Gorrissen Federspiel, attorney
2007-2010Holman Fenwick Willan LLP
2009A.P. Møller-Maersk A/S (secondment)
2015Copenhagen Business School, Executive MBA in Shipping and Logistics
2014Admitted to the High Court of Denmark
2011Admitted to the Danish Bar
2009Solicitor of England and Wales
2007College of Law in London, LLB
2005University of Copenhagen, Master of Law
Danish, English, French, Swedish, and Norwegian.
From 2012 until 2015, Christian Benedictsen-Nislev taught International Maritime Law at the Commercial Shipping Course for shipping trainees offered by the Danish Shipowner’s Association. Christian Benedictsen-Nislev has since 2015 taught Economic Aspects of Maritime Law at Copenhagen Business School’s BSc in International Shipping and Trade.
Furthermore, Christian Benedictsen-Nislev gives lectures at international transportation and insurance conferences.