Gertrud advises start-ups and technology companies and is NJORD’s Legal Angel. NJORD’s Legal Angels are lawyers and paralegals at NJORD Law Firm, who mainly focus on advising start-ups. Gertrud also helps graduate students at Tartu University Tech Startup Legal Clinic and researches new regulations for technology. She is interested in IT-law and mainly focuses on topics regarding start-ups and technology. Gertrud is fluent in Estonian and English.
- Article about drones “Jurist selgitab drooniõigust: teise isiku piilumine pole Eestis karistusseaduse järgi kuritegu“. Maaleht, 02.08.2018. Published in Estonian.
- “Freedom of panorama – a freedom that we lack“. RMP.ee, 11.04.2018. Published in Estonian.
- “Your neighbour bought a drone!?“. RMP.ee, 12.03.2018, co-author. Published in Estonian.
- Article on virtual currency law “Uus virtuaalvääringute regulatsioon“, IT-uudised.ee, 08.01.2018. Article only available in Estonian, coauthor
- “The life of e-residents is about to get more complicated“. Published in Estonian by Ärileht.ee, 04.01.2018, coauthor
- Article on the importance of drone regulations “Droonide lend üle seaduste” Geenius.ee, 17.11.2017, co-author (article in Estonian). Read the English version HERE
- Article on startups arguing about similar business ideas “Soome idufirmad vaidlevad sarnaste äriideede pärast” ITuudised.ee, 27.09.2017, coauthor (article in Estonian)
- Article on registering a domain name as early as possible “Domeeni registreerimata jätmine enne ettevõtte nime avalikustamist võib hiljem tekitada palju probleeme” rmp.ee, 13.07.2017, coauthor (article in Estonian)
2018-Associate, NJORD Law Firm
2017Legal Assistant, NJORD Law Firm
2017 Intern, NJORD Law Firm
2016Consultant, Student Law Offices of the Estonian Lawyers Union at the Tallinn City Office
2015 Intern, Swedbank AS
2018University of Tartu, Faculty of Law
Estonian, English, Swedish
*According to Art. 40 (3) of the Estonian Bar Association Act, lawyers and legal assistants do not provide legal services. Lawyers and legal assistants are assisting the attorneys.