Tavo is specialized in dispute resolution. He represents clients mostly in civil court cases. He has significant experience in resolving disputes related to the law of obligations, construction law, company law and bankruptcy law. Tavo also advises clients in pre-trial disputes and negotiations with the aim of finding an extra-judicial compromise with the opposite party. Additionally, Tavo deals with labour and real estate law cases.
Before joining law firm NJORD, Tavo has worked as an attorney in law firm Glimstedt and law firm PwC Legal.
Tavo is fluent in Estonian and English.
- “Attorney answers – is it finally time for more thorough regulation on whistleblowing“. Eesti Päevaleht, 25.08.2019. Article published in Estonian.
- “Is non-predictable increase of construction cost the basis for the amendments in the construction contract?“. rmp.ee, 09.09.2019. Published in Estonian. Read the English version HERE.
- “Inaccurate advertisement can result in a financial claim!”. Ärileht, 04.02.2018. Article published in Estonian. Read the English version HERE.
- “How to enforce a claim that has been issued in a positive judgment?”. Ärileht, 25.01.2017. Article published in Estonian. Read the English version HERE.
- ”How the employer can reduce significant monetary compensations in case of extraordinarily cancelling an employment contract”, published by the leading daily business newspaper Äripäev, 25.03.2016 (available only in Estonian)
- ”Problems related to whistleblowing in Estonia”, published by Juridica, the law journal of Estonia, VI 2014. (article in Estonian, summary available in English)
- Estonian Bar Association
2019-Senior Associate, NJORD Law Firm
2017-2019Associate, NJORD Law Firm
2017Associate, PwC Legal
2014University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, LL.M
2012Summer University in Salzburg „European Private Law “
2012University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, LL.B
Estonian, English, Russian