Tavo is an attorney-at-law and a member of the Estonian Bar Association. Tavo is specialized in dispute resolution. He represents clients in civil and administrative cases. That includes representing the clients in the pre-trial procedure and in judicial proceedings. Tavo has significant experience in resolving complicated disputes related to contract law, construction law, company law, and bankruptcy law. He has represented the clients in outstanding court cases that have shaped the Estonian court practice. Tavo also deals with real estate law cases. Recently, Tavo represented successfully the clients in spatial planning and construction law court cases that have received significant public attention from the media.
Before joining law firm NJORD, Tavo has worked as an attorney in two other well-recognized Estonian law firms.
Tavo is fluent in Estonian and English.
- „Coronavirus as Force Majeure“. Äripäev. Ehitusuudised, May 2020. Article available only in Estonian.
- „What should we know about the Coronavirus as a Force Majeure in business relationships?“ Ehitusuudised.ee, 16.03.2020. Article available only in Estonian.
- “Attorney answers – is it finally time for more thorough regulation on whistleblowing“. Eesti Päevaleht, 25.08.2019. Article published in Estonian.
- “Is non-predictable increase of construction cost the basis for the amendments in the construction contract?“. rmp.ee, 09.09.2019. Published in Estonian. Read the English version HERE.
- “Inaccurate advertisement can result in a financial claim!”. Ärileht, 04.02.2018. Article published in Estonian. Read the English version HERE.
- “How to enforce a claim that has been issued in a positive judgment?”. Ärileht, 25.01.2017. Article published in Estonian. Read the English version HERE.
- ”How the employer can reduce significant monetary compensations in case of extraordinarily canceling an employment contract”, published by the leading daily business newspaper Äripäev, 25.03.2016 (available only in Estonian)
- ”Problems related to whistleblowing in Estonia”, published by Juridica, the law journal of Estonia, VI 2014. (article in Estonian, summary available in English)
- Estonian Bar Association
2019-Senior Associate, NJORD Law Firm
2017-2019Associate, NJORD Law Firm
2017Associate, PwC Legal
2014University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, LL.M
2012Summer University in Salzburg „European Private Law “
2012University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, LL.B
Estonian, English, Russian