Siiri Vello is a young but experienced litigation lawyer who has represented both local and international clients in different court disputes but also solved cases out of court. Siiri also advises clients in public procurement and contractual matters. She has previous work experience from the public sector where she assisted in public procurement matters including IT and construction as well as handled different negotiations.
Estonian Bar Association
- Lecture about open data ”Avaandmete arengust Eestis ja mõtteid PSI direktiivi teemal”, from the series ”Tehnoloogia ja õigus”(Technology and law) 11.02.2020
- Open data workshop, 06.12.2019 (Assistant Attorney Siiri Vello and Attorney Liisi Jürgen)
- Training about implementing GDPR in companies “Teie ettevõttest lekivad andmed!?”. RMP, 01.03.2018
- “eHealthTallinn2017” conference, „Are you GDPR ready?“ one of the presenters, 16.10.2017 and 18.10.2017
- Morning seminar about new data protection requirements for accountants “Uutest andmekaitse reeglitest raamatupidajale”, 14.09.2017
- Webinar about cloud solutions and GDPR “Pilvelahendused ja uus andmekaitsemäärus”, 25.01.2017
- "Siiri Vello and Tea Kookmaa: lack of cooperation deepens the crisis". err.ee, 09.03.2021.
- "Legal experts: The Digital Markets Act, to be created by the European Commission, needs to be reconsidered". err.ee, 02.03.2021.
- "Personal data as unusual currency. Do you still want to pay this way?" Ärileht, 15.01.2021.
- "Patient data - a huge headache and a maze of rules?” med24.ee, 17.07.2019.
- "Technical solutions for meeting GDPR requirements". Rmp.ee, 03.04.2018.
- "Income can also be seized in the case of a minimum wage". Raamatupidamise Praktik, February 2018.
- "Why am I always offered cookies online?" ituudised.ee, 11.02.2018.
- "What is GDPR and how it affects you?" Ärileht, 07.02.2018 .
- "Estonian Data Protection Inspectorate advises to betimes prepare for the GDPR”. Magazine Focus 2/2017.
- "Dynamic IP is part of personal data - the Court of Justice of the European Union has extended its interpretation”. ituudised.ee, 20.12.2016.
- "The law regulating e-identification and trust services entered into force”. ituudised.ee, 28.10.2016 .
- Article "The new framework for the transfer of data from the European Union to the USA is developing persistently”. ituudised.ee, 10.06.2016.
- Article on enforcement of a new public procurement act: “When the new Public Procurement Act came into force, the ministry's inability to plan became apparent”. Ärileht, 13.03.2016.
- "New EU regulation on data protection”. Magazine Focus 1/2016.
- "Rules to protect business secrets”. Magazine Personalipraktik, 44/2015, p. 10-11.
- "The harsh reality of the village shop”. Äripäev, 17.12.2015 .
- "Conformity assessment of digital content. European draft law regarding common sales right”. Juridica, 210/2014, p. 751-761.
2015- Associate, NJORD
2014 Associate, MAQS Law Firm
2013-2014 Ministry of Social Affairs (lawyer, public procurement)
2011-2013 Advokaadibüroo Soop
2019 (aprill) ISTQB Foundation Level Certificate (CTFL)
2014 Tartu Ülikool, õigusteadus MA
2012 Tartu Ülikool, õigusteadus BA