Tavo is an attorney-at-law and a member of the Estonian Bar Association. Tavo is specialized in dispute resolution. He represents clients in civil and administrative cases. That includes representing the clients in the pre-trial procedure and in judicial proceedings. Tavo has significant experience in resolving complicated disputes related to contract law, construction law, company law, and bankruptcy law. He has represented the clients in outstanding court cases that have shaped the Estonian court practice. Tavo also deals with real estate law cases. Recently, Tavo represented successfully the clients in spatial planning and construction law court cases that have received significant public attention from the media.
Before joining law firm NJORD, Tavo has worked as an attorney in two other well-recognized Estonian law firms.
Tavo is fluent in Estonian and English.
- Estonian Bar Association
- "Where does the construction contractor's liability limit run when the customer gives faulty instructions?" Ehitusuudised.ee, 28.09.2021
- "Could the construction contract be changed in the current difficult situation?" Ehitusuudised.ee, 29.04.2021.
- "Tavo Tiits: the criteria of truth in tenancy relations will come from (court) practice". Äripäev, 30.12.2020.
- "Significant changes in the rental market: repair costs and cooperative loans must be paid by the tenant in the future, additional contractual penalties." Eesti Päevaleht, 12.12.2020.
- "Liability Insurance in Construction - a Magic Wand to Mitigate the Risks of the Contractor and the Customer?" Ehitusuudised.ee, 03.12.2020.
- "Coronavirus as Force Majeure“. Äripäev; Ehitusuudised.ee, May 2020.
- "What should we know about the Coronavirus as a Force Majeure in business relationships?“ Ehitusuudised.ee, 16.03.2020.
- "Attorney answers – is it finally time for more thorough regulation on whistleblowing“. Eesti Päevaleht, 25.08.2019.
- "Is the non-predictable increase of construction cost the basis for the amendments in the construction contract?“ Rmp.ee, 09.09.2019.
- "Inaccurate advertisement can result in a financial claim!” Ärileht, 04.02.2018.
- "How to enforce a claim that has been issued in a positive judgment?” Ärileht, 25.01.2017.
- "How the employer can reduce significant monetary compensations in case of extraordinarily canceling an employment contract”. Äripäev, 25.03.2016.
- "Problems related to whistleblowing in Estonia”. Juridica, VI 2014.
2019- Senior Associate, NJORD Law Firm
2017-2019 Associate, NJORD Law Firm
2017 Associate, PwC Legal
2014-2017 Associate, Glimstedt
2014 University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, LL.M
2012 Summer University in Salzburg „European Private Law “
2012 University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, LL.B
Estonian, English, Russian