Raising capital is a critical process with an abundance of opportunities where venture and growth investments call for a different mindset than traditional M&A or buy-out transactions. On top of that, tax issues heavily influence fund and transaction structures. NJORD is experienced in handling all aspects of private equity.
In NJORD’s private equity team, we have a pragmatic approach to navigating in complex scenarios, and we always understand our clients’ needs and commercial rationale in every situation. This is key to getting the deal through.
The team advises on any aspects of private equity, including fund formation and all phases of transactions – from legal due diligence to post-closing advice and exit planning. When establishing PE/VC Funds, our services often include fund raising, distribution and structure of funds.
In addition, we provide full scope advice on M&A and structuring investments, including tax and legal matters, and we are highly experienced in assisting national and international private equity and venture capital players in purchasing and selling portfolio companies.
When purchasing portfolio companies, we handle matters such as:
- Legal due diligence
- Project management
- Negotiation and drafting of all transaction documents, including the transfer agreement in particular
- Advice of choice of company form (including tax advice)
- Drafting and negotiation of shareholders’ agreements
- Drafting and negotiation of incentive programmes (key employees and management)
When selling portfolio companies, our services often include:
- Choice of transaction model
- Planning and carrying out of the chosen sales process
- Project management
- Procurement and preparation of data room material – and, if required, we also establish and update the data room
- Handling of the day-to-day contact with the different advisors involved, including handling of requests regarding further material, information, etc.
- Negotiation and drafting of transaction documents, including the transfer agreement in particular