For many years, Ulla Fabricius has advised both national and international transport and insurance companies on all aspects within transport, shipping, and insurance.
As the author of the annotated book on International Carriage by Road (CMR), Ulla Fabricius is a top specialist within carriage by road. She is involved in all aspects of road transport including disputes on driving and rest time, cabotage and posting of drivers.
Ulla Fabricius has great experience in drafting and negotiating complex logistics contracts and transport concepts. In this capacity, Ulla Fabricius participated in the drafting of Incoterms 2010 and UCP 600, and, thus, she has thorough knowledge of risk coverage in international trade.
Furthermore, Ulla Fabricius was responsible for the preparation of Danske Havne Betingelser 2007 (the Danish stevedoring conditions), and therefore she is especially qualified for rendering advice within the stevedoring business.
International Chambers of Commerce (ICC) has since 2006 appointed Ulla Fabricius expert within the field of transport and logistics. Ulla Fabricius is a member ICC Committee on Customs and Trade Facilitation.
In 2017, Expert Guides has once again appointed Ulla Fabricius Denmark’s leading female lawyer in shipping.
Also, Chambers and Partners Europe has rated Ulla Fabricius since 2009:
“Ulla Fabricius has extensive experience in shipping and maritime law, as well as broader areas of transport law. She regularly represents clients before the Maritime, High and Supreme Courts on insurance claims and contractual disputes. One client says it is “very easy working with her” because her advice is not limited to only the legal point of view. The client expands on this by saying: “She is strategic” and “able to find good compromises,” keeping in mind “not only what is the right legal answer, but also how to get there in the quickest and cheapest way.”
In 2018, Ulla Fabricius was inducted in Legal500’s “Hall of Fame” after seven years in a row being appointed the title ‘Leading Individual’ within Shipping and Transport.
“‘Solution-oriented’ NJORD Law Firm provides ‘to-the-point advice’ for domestic and international transport, shipping, and insurance companies, including Scandlines, Anders Nielsen & Co, and DSV Air & Sea. ‘Outstanding’ practice head Ulla Fabricius and litigator Thomas Ryhl represent Codan Forsikring in a cargo and ship damages case brought by Tryg Forsikring, as well as the ship and cargo owner.
Clients have also noted about Ulla Fabricius, that she is:
“An excellent attorney who knows everything about shipping and logistics.” and “She is very business- and results-oriented. She is often able to give a precise answer to a complicated question right away because of her extensive knowledge and expertise.”
– Chambers and Partners Europe, 2016
- Author of the annotated book on the Act on Agreements in International Carriage of Goods by Road (CMR), Jurist- og Økonomforbundets Forlag, 2005 and 2017 edition.
- Co-author of a web-based legal comments on the General Terms and Conditions of Nordisk Speditør Forbund (NSAB 2000), Danske Speditører
- Article in Marius, Scandinavian Institute of Maritime Law, No. 406
- Co-author of an article in the European Transport Law, No. 5/2011
- Legal adviser for the FEF portal and correspondent for the European Transport Law commenting on issues and rulings of transport law
The International Chambers of Commerce (ICC) has since 2006 appointed Ulla Fabricius as specialist within the area of transport and logistics. Ulla Fabricius is thus a member of the ICC Committee on Customs and Trade Facilitation.
- Member of Advisory Board for Professor Dr. jur. Vibe Ulfbech in connection with the establishment of Centre for Transport at the University of Copenhagen
- Member of the International Bar Association (IBA)
- Comité Maritime International (CMI)
- International Law Association (ILA)
- Forening for Erstatnings- og Forsikringsret (FEF)
- International Association for Insurance Law (AIDA)
- Women’s International Shipping and Trading Association (WISTA)
2015 NJORD Law Firm, partner
2013-2014 MAQS Law Firm, partner
2002-2012 Bang + Regnarsen Advokater, partner
1999-2002 Schaumburg-Müller & Fabricius, partner
1996-1999 Lind & Cadovius Advokataktieselskab, attorney
1993 McMillan & Binch Law Firm, Toronto, Canada, stationing
1992 DFDS A/S, stationing
1992-1996 External teacher of transport law at CBS (Copenhagen Business School)
1989-1996 Dragsted Advokater, assistant attorney and attorney
1988-1989 Department of the Danish Ministry of Energy, legal adviser
2005 Admitted to the Supreme Court of Denmark
2009 Certified arbitrator
1992 Admitted to the Danish Bar
1988 University of Copenhagen, Master of Law
1988 Special degree in maritime law at the University of Oslo, Nordisk Institutt for Sjørett
Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, and English.
When Ulla Fabricius was teaching transport law at Copenhagen Business School she received the student’s award “The Golden Pointer” for her special ability to communicate transport law.