For many years, Ulla Fabricius has advised both national and international transport and insurance companies on all aspects within transport, shipping, and insurance.
Ulla Fabricius has great experience in drafting and negotiating complex logistics contracts and transport concepts. In this capacity, Ulla Fabricius participated in the drafting of Incoterms 2010 and UCP 600, and, thus, she has thorough knowledge of risk coverage in international trade.
Furthermore, Ulla Fabricius was responsible for the preparation of Danske Havne Betingelser 2007 (the Danish stevedoring conditions), and therefore she is especially qualified for rendering advice within the stevedoring business.
International Chambers of Commerce (ICC) has since 2006 appointed Ulla Fabricius expert within the field of transport and logistics. Ulla Fabricius is a member ICC Committee on Customs and Trade Facilitation.
Also, Chambers and Partners Europe has rated Ulla Fabricius for the past five years:
“Ulla Fabricius has extensive experience in maritime and transport law. She also represents clients in litigation, including cargo claims and contractual disputes and has appeared before the Maritime, High and Supreme Court on numerous occasions.”
– Chambers and Partners Europe, 2017
As one out of only four people in Denmark, Ulla Fabricius is appointed ‘Leading Individual’ for the fifth year in a row in relation to Shipping and Transport by Legal 500 2017.
“NJORD Law Firm’s ‘valued and trusted’ team specialises in handling disputes for insurance companies and P&I clubs. Practice head Ulla Fabricius, who is ‘a true pleasure to work with’, and Thomas Ryhl have been representing Codan, a Danish insurance company, in trials pertaining to the transportation of goods.”
– Legal 500, 2017
Clients have also noted about Ulla Fabricius, that she is:
“An excellent attorney who knows everything about shipping and logistics.” and “She is very business- and results-oriented. She is often able to give a precise answer to a complicated question right away because of her extensive knowledge and expertise.”
– Chambers and Partners Europe, 2016
- Author of the annotated book on the Act on Agreements in International Carriage of Goods by Road (CMR), Jurist- og Økonomforbundets Forlag, 2005
- Co-author of a web-based legal comments on the General Terms and Conditions of Nordisk Speditør Forbund (NSAB 2000), Danske Speditører
- Article in Marius, Scandinavian Institute of Maritime Law, No. 406
- Co-author of an article in the European Transport Law, No. 5/2011
- Legal adviser for the FEF portal and correspondent for the European Transport Law commenting on issues and rulings of transport law
The International Chambers of Commerce (ICC) has since 2006 appointed Ulla Fabricius as specialist within the area of transport and logistics. Ulla Fabricius is thus a member of the ICC Committee on Customs and Trade Facilitation.
- Member of Advisory Board for Professor Dr. jur. Vibe Ulfbech in connection with the establishment of Centre for Transport at the University of Copenhagen
- Member of the International Bar Association (IBA)
- Comité Maritime International (CMI)
- International Law Association (ILA)
- Forening for Erstatnings- og Forsikringsret (FEF)
- International Association for Insurance Law (AIDA)
- Women’s International Shipping and Trading Association (WISTA)
2015 NJORD Law Firm, partner
2013-2014 MAQS Law Firm, partner
2002-2012 Bang + Regnarsen Advokater, partner
1999-2002 Schaumburg-Müller & Fabricius, partner
1996-1999 Lind & Cadovius Advokataktieselskab, attorney
1993 McMillan & Binch Law Firm, Toronto, Canada, stationing
1992 DFDS A/S, stationing
1992-1996 External teacher of transport law at CBS (Copenhagen Business School)
1989-1996 Dragsted Advokater, assistant attorney and attorney
1988-1989 Department of the Danish Ministry of Energy, legal adviser
2005 Admitted to the Supreme Court of Denmark
2009 Certified arbitrator
1992 Admitted to the Danish Bar
1988 University of Copenhagen, Master of Law
1988 Special degree in maritime law at the University of Oslo, Nordisk Institutt for Sjørett
Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, and English.
When Ulla Fabricius was teaching transport law at Copenhagen Business School she received the student’s award “The Golden Pointer” for her special ability to communicate transport law.