For many years, Ulla Fabricius has advised both national and international transport and insurance companies on all aspects within transport, shipping, and insurance.
As the author of the annotated book on International Carriage by Road (CMR), Ulla Fabricius is a top specialist within carriage by road. She is involved in all aspects of road transport including disputes on driving and rest time, cabotage and posting of drivers.
Ulla Fabricius has great experience in drafting and negotiating complex logistics contracts and transport concepts. In this capacity, Ulla Fabricius participated in the drafting of Incoterms 2010 and UCP 600, and, thus, she has thorough knowledge of risk coverage in international trade.
Furthermore, Ulla Fabricius was responsible for the preparation of Danske Havne Betingelser 2007 (the Danish stevedoring conditions), and therefore she is especially qualified for rendering advice within the stevedoring business.
When Ulla Fabricius was teaching transport law at Copenhagen Business School she received the student’s award “The Golden Pointer” for her special ability to communicate transport law.
The International Chambers of Commerce (ICC) has since 2006 appointed Ulla Fabricius as specialist within the area of transport and logistics. Ulla Fabricius is thus a member of the ICC Committee on Customs and Trade Facilitation.
- Member of Advisory Board for Professor Dr. jur. Vibe Ulfbech in connection with the establishment of Centre for Transport at the University of Copenhagen
- Member of the International Bar Association (IBA)
- Comité Maritime International (CMI)
- International Law Association (ILA)
- Forening for Erstatnings- og Forsikringsret (FEF)
- International Association for Insurance Law (AIDA)
- Women’s International Shipping and Trading Association (WISTA)
- Author of the annotated book on the Act on Agreements in International Carriage of Goods by Road (CMR), Jurist- og Økonomforbundets Forlag, 2005 and 2017 edition.
- Co-author of a web-based legal comments on the General Terms and Conditions of Nordisk Speditør Forbund (NSAB 2000), Danske Speditører
- Article in Marius, Scandinavian Institute of Maritime Law, No. 406
- Co-author of an article in the European Transport Law, No. 5/2011
- Legal adviser for the FEF portal and correspondent for the European Transport Law commenting on issues and rulings of transport law
Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, German and English.
International Chambers of Commerce (ICC) has since 2006 appointed Ulla Fabricius expert within the field of transport and logistics. Ulla Fabricius is a member ICC Committee on Customs and Trade Facilitation.
Chambers and Partners Europe has rated Ulla Fabricius personally since 2009:
"Ulla Fabricius is a respected practitioner, advising clients on a broad spectrum of shipping and transportation matters, including M&A, damage claims and maritime litigation. Sources highlight her strong skills in this area. Sources describe her as "very skilled.""
NJORD Law Firm has expertise in shipping, road transport and logistics. The firm advises on transport insurance, road and sea cargo claims and the drafting and negotiation of sale and purchase agreements concerning ships. Other areas of expertise include regulatory issues such as cabotage, driving and rest time and the EU Mobility Package. The team also advises on marine insurances and reinsurances. Ulla Fabricius leads the practice and represents in disputes arising from collisions and groundings as well as ship arrest.