Triinu Hiob heads NJORD Law Firm’s dispute resolution practice. For more than 15 years she has advised and represented a great variety of domestic and international private companies as well as state authorities on most complex disputes throughout all court instances. Additionally, Triinu has served as an arbitrator for the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), and from July 2018 is a member of the ICC International Court of Arbitration. The Government of Estonia has appointed Triinu Hiob as a member of the Permanent Court of Arbitration, located in Hague, and a member of the ICSID Arbitration Court focusing on investment protection disputes. She regularly acts as a conciliator of the insurance conciliation body of the Estonian Insurance Association and is an arbitrator of the Estonian insurance arbitration board.
Triinu Hiob has taught at the Faculty of Law of the University of Tartu and participated in the work of the LL.M. final oral defence committees.
- February 2018, panelist at the YACF seminar “Ethical standards and sustainability in international business”
- April 2018, speaker at the seminar “Trade in the EU. Parties’ rights” organized by the German-Baltic Chamber of Commerce
- April 2016, panelist at the seminar “Beginning with the end in mind – how do enforcement options affect public dispute resolution strategy?” organized by the Young Arbitration Club Finland
- November 2015, presentation on “Resolution of international commercial disputes” at the ICC Estonia’s competence course
- September and November 2013, speaking about “Prevention of disputes. How to conclude a strong contract?” at the cross-border business seminars in Tallinn and Stockholm organized by the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Enterprise and Industry
- Article on the rights of the injured party in relations with the liability insurer: "Kahjustatud isiku õigused suhetes kahju tekitaja vastutuskindlustusandjaga". Juridica, 7/2018 (available only in Estonian)
- Article on overproduction of laws: „Kas iga asja jaoks on vaja uut seadust?“. Äripäev, 16.01.2019 (available only in Estonian).
- "3 different ways of solving business disputes – which one to choose?", published in Estonian by Ärileht.ee, 16.01.2018.
- "Three key questions for a solid business contract!", published in Estonian by Ärileht.ee, 11.01.2018. Read the English version HERE
- Article on working time of road transportation freight transport sector employees: "Maanteetranspordi kaubaveo sektori töötajate töö- ja puhkeaeg" published by Juridica, the law journal of Estonia, III 2017. (article in Estonian, summary available in English)
- 2008-2015 a co-author and 2010-2015 the chief editor of the quarterly renewable employment law handbook "Töösuhete käsiraamat" which is published by the leading daily business newspaper Äripäev
- "The Variegated Landscape of Mediation. A Comparative Study of Mediation Regulation and Practices in Europe and the World" Manon Schoneville and Dr Fred Schoneville (eds.). Eleven International Publishing, 2014. – author for the Estonian chapter
- Article on International Chamber of Commerce: “Advokaat selgitab: homsest muutuvad Rahvusvahelise Kaubanduskoja vahekohtu reeglid”. ärileht.ee, 28.02.2017. (available only in Estonian)
- Article on enforcement of arbitral awards in Estonia: "Eesti vahekohtute otsused ei ole enam otsetäidetavad". ärileht.ee. 22.04.2016. (available only in Estonian)
- Article on arbitration: "Vahekohtute vähene reguleeritus ei ole puudus, vaid eelis". ärileht.ee, 14.11.2015. (available only in Estonian)
- "Estonian Parliament declares disputes arising out of consumer credit agreements will be non-arbitrable". Thomson Reuters – Practical Law, 1.04.2015.
- "Supreme Court of Estonia clarifies parties' right to seek review of court decisions enforcing arbitral awards". Thomson Reuters – Practical Law, 06.01.2015
- Estonian Bar Association (admitted in 2003)
- Professional Suitability Assessment Committee of the Estonian Bar Association
- ICC International Court of Arbitration
- International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), an Estonian member
- Permanent Court of Arbitration, an Estonian member
- Conciliator of the insurance conciliation body of the Estonian Insurance Association
- Arbitrator at the Estonian insurance arbitration board
2017- Attorney at Law / Partner, NJORD Law Firm
2015-2016 Attorney at Law / Associate Partner, NJORD Law Firm
2009-2015 Visiting lecturer, University of Tartu Faculty of Law
2003-2015 Associate and Senior Associate, COBALT Law Firm (previously LAWIN)
2005 Intern, Arzinger&Partner Attorneys at Law, Berlin, Germany
2001-2002 Lawyer, Salva Insurance Ltd
2000-2001 Lawyer, City Government of Tartu/housing agency
2015 AIA Brussels Arbitration School (ABAS), a five day intensive training program on arbitration, completed with an ABAS arbitrator certificate
2010 University of Tartu, Magister Iuris(mag. Iur.) academic degree
2001 University of Tartu
Estonian, English, German