Katrin Sarap is a member of the Estonian Bar Association. She has more than 15 years of experience in advising local and international clients on all aspects related to employment law matters. Katrin is one of the most published authors and one of the most frequent lecturers on employment law issues in Estonia. Katrin is also among nine lawyers who are members of the Employment Law Committee of the Estonian Bar Association. She works in Estonian, English, Russian and Finnish languages.
Katrin Sarap is ranked in Chambers & Partners Europe 2018: “Katrin Sarap acts both for private individuals and for employers on unfair dismissal cases. She attracts further attention for her handling of labour inspections carried out by the Estonian authorities. Clients praise her “great insight and expertise,” adding: “She is very proactive in her approach. “”She has extensive knowledge of labour law,” reports one interviewee, while another notes: “She’s really easy to talk to, so I can describe the problem and she understands it immediately.””
About the employment law team, the guide has also brought out positive feedback from clients: ““They understand what my company needs and have a very goal-oriented approach,” states one interviewee. Clients repeatedly highlight the responsiveness of the team. One source says: “The lawyers respond very quickly both by email and by phone and have taken their time to understand our business, which makes it easy to work with them.””
Legal 500 EMEA 2017 names Katrin Sarap a „leading lawyer“ in employment law in Estonia. Legal 500 EMEA 2017 also recognizes NJORD’s strong Estonian employment team headed by partner Triinu Hiob and Katrin Sarap: clients characterize the team as “trustworthy, punctual and solution-oriented“. Katrin is also refferred to as “Labour law expert“.
- “NJORD Estonia: Are your employees getting enough vitamin D?” RMP.ee, 11.06.2018
- “Your neighbour bought a drone!?“. Published in Estonian. RMP.ee, 12.03.2018, Co-author
- “Regulations and manuals don’t protect personal data if they are not used!“. Published in Estonian. Ärileht.ee, 10.03.2018
- “#GDPR – ready, set, GO!“. Published in Estonian. Ärileht.ee, 11.03.2018
- “It’s possible to submit a claim for one million euros to the labour dispute committee!“. Published in Estonian. Ärileht.ee, 08.01.2018
- “Three important things that make your employment contract more bulletproof“. Published in Estonian. Ärileht.ee, 11.09.2017
- Member of the Estonian Bar Association
- Member of the Estonian Lawyers Association
- Member of the Employment Law Committee of the Estonian Bar Association
2013-2014Partner, MAQS Law Firm
2011-2012Associate, MAQS Law Firm
2006-2011Tööõigusbüroo Labour Consulting
2001-2006Sorainen Law Offices
1998-2001Estonian Business School
1995University of Tartu, Institute of Law
Estonian, English, Finnish, Russian.