Katrin Sarap is a member of the Estonian Bar Association. She has more than 15 years of experience in advising local and international clients on all aspects related to employment law matters. Katrin is one of the most published authors and one of the most frequent lecturers on employment law issues in Estonia. Katrin is also among nine lawyers who are members of the Employment Law Committee of the Estonian Bar Association. She works in Estonian, English, Russian and Finnish languages.
- Member of the Estonian Bar Association
- Member of the European Employment Lawyers Association (EELA)
- Member of the Employment Law Committee of the Estonian Bar Association
- "Four recommendations - whether a non-competition obligation clause exists and whether it is necessary". njordlaw.com, 09.02.2021
- "Teleworking and flexible working - here to stay!". Published in Estonian. RUP.ee, Published in Estonian. RMP.ee, 14.05.2020
- "How to reduce wages during the pandemic". Published in Estonian. Ärileht.ee, 02.03.2020
- "I don’t want to go to work!". Published in Estonian. RMP.ee, 20.02.2019
- "What should an employer know about employee's copyright?". Published in Estonian. RUP.ee, 14.02.2019
- "NJORD Estonia: Are your employees getting enough vitamin D?"
- "Your neighbour bought a drone!?". Published in Estonian. RMP.ee, 12.03.2018, Co-author
- "Regulations and manuals don’t protect personal data if they are not used!". Published in Estonian. Ärileht.ee, 10.03.2018
- "#GDPR – ready, set, GO!". Published in Estonian. Ärileht.ee, 11.03.2018
- "It’s possible to submit a claim for one million euros to the labour dispute committee!". Published in Estonian. Ärileht.ee, 08.01.2018
- "Three important things that make your employment contract more bulletproof". Published in Estonian. Ärileht.ee, 11.09.2017
- Webinar "60 minutes of Practical Employment Law". Danish-Estonian Chamber of Commerce, 18.02.2021.
- Speaker at the seminar “Paying wages during the crisis - how to proceed?" Estonian Training and Conference Center, May 2020.
- Co-speaker at the workshop “Entrepreneurship Workshop - Recruitment. Data protection rules.” Harju Business and Development Center, January 2020.
- Seminar "Data is leaking from your company!?" application of the general data protection regulation in the company. Rmp.ee, 01.03.2018.
- Co-speaker at the seminar “Working abroad and from abroad” organized by NJORD Law Firm. November 2017.
- Training for the employees of the Labor Inspectorate “Practice of application of the General Part of the Civil Code Act and the Law of Obligations Act”. Tallinn University of Technology, Open University Continuing Education Center, 06.10.2016; 10.07.2016.
2015- Partner, NJORD
2013-2014 Partner, MAQS Law Firm
2011-2012 Associate, MAQS Law Firm
2006-2011 Tööõigusbüroo Labour Consulting
2001-2006 Sorainen Law Offices
1998-2001 Estonian Business School
1995 University of Tartu, Institute of Law
Estonian, English, Finnish, Russian.
‘Katrin Sarap is extremely professional, good at communication, and easy to get in contact.’
´For years I have worked with Katrin Sarap on anything employment related. She is so reliable and available for anything we have that she almost feels like our company’s family member. Also she has the softest way to take care of the hardest problems. A remarkable lawyer and human being.’
Department head Katrin Sarap assists with advisory matters, including compliance and contracts, and also represents clients in contentious matters. One interviewee singles out her "clear communication," also praising her as efficient. Another source notes: "She was really trying to find the best solution."