Katrin Sarap is a member of the Estonian Bar Association. She has more than 19 years of experience in advising local and international clients on all aspects related to employment law matters. Katrin is one of the most published authors and one of the most frequent lecturers on employment law issues in Estonia. Katrin is also among nine lawyers who are members of the Employment Law Committee of the Estonian Bar Association as well as a member of the European Employment Lawyers Association (EELA).
- "Four recommendations - whether a non-competition obligation clause exists and whether it is necessary". njordlaw.com, 09.02.2021
- ”Can an office worker become an athlete?”. Published in Estonian. Äripäev.ee, 08.10.2020. Read in English HERE
- "Teleworking and flexible working - here to stay!". Published in Estonian. RUP.ee, Published in Estonian. RMP.ee, 14.05.2020
- "How to reduce wages during the pandemic". Published in Estonian. Ärileht.ee, 02.03.2020
- "I don’t want to go to work!". Published in Estonian. RMP.ee, 20.02.2019
- "What should an employer know about employee's copyright?". Published in Estonian. RUP.ee, 14.02.2019
- "NJORD Estonia: Are your employees getting enough vitamin D?"
- "Your neighbour bought a drone!?". Published in Estonian. RMP.ee, 12.03.2018, Co-author
- "Regulations and manuals don’t protect personal data if they are not used!". Published in Estonian. Ärileht.ee, 10.03.2018
- "#GDPR – ready, set, GO!". Published in Estonian. Ärileht.ee, 11.03.2018
- "It’s possible to submit a claim for one million euros to the labour dispute committee!". Published in Estonian. Ärileht.ee, 08.01.2018
- "Three important things that make your employment contract more bulletproof". Published in Estonian. Ärileht.ee, 11.09.2017
- Co-speaker at Heili Raidve Employment Law Spring Seminar 'Employment Law 2022-2023', 28.04.2023
- April 2023 – ”An employee with independent decision-making competence - for whom, why and how?”. organized by the Estonian Training and Conference Center
- Co-speaker at Heili Raidve Employment Law Autumn Seminar 'Employment Law 2022', 20.10.2023
- February 2021 – webinar „60 minutes of practical employment law". Organized by Danish-Estonian Chamber of Commerce
- March 2020 – speaker at the seminar “Paying wages during the crisis - how to proceed?” organized by the Estonian Training and Conference Center.
- November 2017 – co-speaker at the seminar “Working abroad and from abroad” organized by NJORD Law Firm.
- January 2020 – co-speaker at the workshop “Entrepreneurship Workshop - Recruitment. Data protection rules.” organized by Harju Business and Development Center
- Member of the Estonian Bar Association
- Member of the European Employment Lawyers Association (EELA)
- Member of the Employment Law Committee of the Estonian Bar Association
2015– Partner, NJORD
2013–2014 Partner, MAQS Law Firm
2011–2012 Associate, MAQS Law Firm
2006–2011 Tööõigusbüroo Labour Consulting
2001–2006 Sorainen Law Offices
1998–2001 Estonian Business School
1995 University of Tartu, Institute of Law
Estonian, English, Finnish, Russian.
Katrin Sarap is ranked in Chambers & Partners Europe 2023 in the employment field. She is ranked as an individual in Band 2. Department head Katrin Sarap assists with advisory matters, including compliance and contracts, and also represents clients in contentious matters. One interviewee describes her as "always calm, even in discussing difficult labour law questions and solving problems." Another source notes: "She is always very responsive and gives broad answers, explaining different alternatives.”
Legal 500 EMEA 2023 names Katrin Sarap a „leading individual” in employment law in Estonia. Katrin is also referred to as “Labour law expert“. NJORD’s employment team, that is headed by Katrin Sarap, is ranked in Tier 3.
Katrin Sarap is an acclaimed employment litigation lawyer who has over eighteen years of experience in representing clients in employment disputes.
‘Katrin Sarap is extremely professional, good at communication, and easy to get in contact.’
´For years I have worked with Katrin Sarap on anything employment related. She is so reliable and available for anything we have that she almost feels like our company’s family member. Also she has the softest way to take care of the hardest problems. A remarkable lawyer and human being.’
Business Today has named Katrin Sarap as one of top 10 most influential employment lawyers reshaping Estonia's legal landscape.
"Katrin Sarap, the head of the employment department at NJORD Law Firm, handles both advisory and contentious employment matters. Katrin’s substantial experience in sectors such as automotive and education sets her apart as a knowledgeable and dedicated lawyer."