Jelizaveta Henno heads the real estate practice at NJORD. She has extensive experience in real estate, construction and contract law gained from working in these areas since 2006. She assists clients with the most complex transactions at all stages, including planning, drafting legal documents (including agreements), negotiating, closing, and post-closing assistance.
In addition to the long working practice in the law firm, Jelizaveta has worked as an in-house counsel in one of the largest retail companies in the Baltic region and consulted on a wide range of legal issues. Her professional background also includes working as a lawyer in a notary office, which allows Jelizaveta to provide clients with expert support in concluding transactions that require notarial formalities.
Jelizaveta has significant experience in various business and trade transactions, as well as legal and regulatory matters related to intellectual property.
- Member of the Estonian Bar Association
- ”Turnover-based rent: who benefits from that?”. rmp.geenius.ee, 16.05.2022
- ”Green label of buildings: modern values and legal aspects”, co-author. rmp.geenius.ee, 05.05.2022
- ”Can the purchase of crypto art infringe intellectual property rights?”. rmp.geenius.ee, 20.04.2022
- "What can employers do to protect their companies against cyberattacks?" njordlaw.com, 16.02.2021; Rmp.ee, 23.02.2021.
- "Construction contracts in times of pandemic: who is responsible and what rights does the client have?", Ehitusuudised.ee 08.05.2020
- "The ordered goods do not meet expectations. Return it!" Rmp.ee 30.12.2019
- "What must the legal start-up sales package look like?" Rmp.ee, 01.07.2019.
- "Can the employer prescribe a dress code?" Rmp.ee, 25.02.2019.
- "What should an employer know about employee's copyright?" Rup.ee, 14.02.2019.
- "Can a smart house be a backdoor to your personal data?" Rmp.ee, 07.01.2019.
- "Sale of an immovable or cutting right". Rmp.ee, 12.12.2018.
- "Is plagiarism and copying inevitable in the fashion industry?" Rmp.ee, 07.11.2018.
- "What does it mean to sell real estate „as is “?" Rmp.ee, 28.05.2018.
- "4 common mistakes made when concluding a lease contract". Rmp.ee, 16.05.2018.
- "Is it legal to offer accommodation with Airbnb?" Rmp.ee, 08.05.2018; Ärileht.ee, 09.05.2018.
- "Management Board Member Agreements in Estonia". Rmp.ee, 24.05.2017.
- "Transition from a sole proprietorship to a private limited company in Estonia". Rmp.ee, 27.03.2017.
2018- Attorney at Law, Senior Associate, NJORD
2015-2017 Associate, NJORD
2014 Associate, MAQS Law Firm
2011-2014 MAXIMA Eesti
2009-2010 Associate, MAQS Law Firm
2006-2009 Notary Office Triin Lekk, Ülle Anmann and Egle Uri
2004-2005 Ministry of Foreign Affairs
2009 University of Tartu, the Faculty of Law, MA
2006 University of Tartu, the Faculty of Law, BA
2003 University Nord
Estonian, Russian, English