Partner Liisi Jürgen heads NJORD Law Firm’s IT law practice. Liisi Jürgen is an attorney at law at NJORD and a visiting lecturer at Estonia’s oldest and most established university – University of Tartu. Her main subject is E-Commerce and IT Contracts. Liisi Jürgen is specialized in legal issues regarding data protection, e-commerce, electronic signatures (incl. legal issues arising from authentication and e-ID), consumer protection, product development. Liisi has advised clients on general corporate, and Healthtech matters. In 2015-2016 Liisi was a member of a work group responsible for the development of the electronic identification and trust services for electronic transactions act, set up by the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications. In 2015, Liisi Jürgen finalized her second Master’s degree in Law at the University of Münster in Germany. The topic of her thesis is Electronic Signatures according to the EU law. She has a Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree in Law from University of Tartu.
2015- Guest Lecturer of IT Law programme at University of Tartu (Teaching e-commerce and IT-contract law in a University program (LLM) held in English)
01.03.2018 Training on the new GDPR. RMP
2015 Trust Services, Electronic Transactions, and Electronic Signatures, ITECHLAW, San Diego
2014 Legal aspects of electronic signature in EU, Vilnius
2014 Cross-border use of electronic signature, FOC 2014 Tallinn
2014 Legal meaning of electronic Signature, Comex 2014 Oman
- "Blockchain’s Forever Memory Confounds EU ´Right to Be Forgotten´". Bloomberglaw.com, 03.08.2022, quoted
- "Legal experts: The Digital Markets Act, to be created by the European Commission, needs to be reconsidered". err.ee, 02.03.2021.
- "TOLERATING CRITICISM - A NEW CHALLENEGE FOR LEADERS?" njordlaw.com, 03.02.2021.
- "The hybrid smart contract agreement challenge to European electronic signature regulation”. International Journal of Law and Information Technology, Volume 28, Issue 1, Spring 2020.
- "How to increase company value through careful strategic planning?" Focus, 2/2018.
- "Handwritten signatures vs. e-signatures“. Rmp.ee, 26.03.2018.
- "101 on cyber hygiene – from the perspective of mothers, fathers and employers". Rmp.ee, 26.02.2018; Ärileht, 06.03.2018.
- "The private sector was reluctant to accept the e-signature". Äripäev, 14.10.2016.
- "Cross-border e-signature – everyone has heard, few use". Äripäev, 27.06.2014.
- "Pensions from several EU countries". Äripäev, 24.04.2012.
- Collection on labour law in Europe: "Arbeitsrecht in Europa". Author of the chapter for Estonian law. 2011, Köln (collection in German).
- Estonian Bar Association
2019- Partner, NJORD Law Firm
2018- Attorney at Law, Senior Associate, NJORD Law Firm
2017-2018 Attorney, Law Firm Indela
2013-2014 Chief Legal Advisor, SignWise
2011-2012 Attorney, Glikman ja Partnerid Law Firm
2010-2011 Lawyer, Glikman ja Partnerid Law Firm
2012-2015 University of Münster, Master degree in German Law (LL.M)
2008-2010 University of Tartu, Master degree in Law
2005-2008 University of Tartu, Bachelor’s degree in Law
Estonian, German, English