Robert Mikelsons is the head of NJORD’s tax specialist group. He gives advice on and conducts cases in relation to tax law and law governing VAT and indirect charges, including international tax law. He is considered one of Denmark’s leading experts on these areas.
Robert Mikelsons has for more than 20 years conducted leading and value-adding cases in relation to tax and VAT before numerous courts, including the Supreme Court and the EU Court of Justice. In the field of VAT he has through the years won cases of which the total value is approx. 10-figures, he also serves as an expert witness on the law governing VAT within the EU in the courts outside the EU.
Furthermore, Robert Mikelsons also teaches courses in tax law and law governing VAT arranged by “Danske Advokater”, etc., he is a member of the Tax Affairs Committee within the General Counsel of the Bar, and at the same time he is a representative of the General Counsel of the Bar in the liaison committee of the Ministry of Taxation, just as he has participated in preparatory committees regarding the law governing VAT.
- Author of a number of articles on the subject of tax law and law governing VAT
- Co-author of “Momsloven 50 år”
- Author of Momskommentarens chapter 6 “Momsfri Leverancer” and chapter 8 “Momsgodtgørelse”. (Danish books regarding the law governing VAT)
- Member of the Tax Affairs Committee within the General Counsel of the Bar, 1995-
- Member of “Danmarks Skatteadvokater
- Member of International Fiscal Association
- Member of other tax related professional bodies
Danish and English.
"NJORD Law Firm provides tax and VAT advice on cross-border transactions and international trade issues in the Nordics. The group is led by Robert Mikelsons , who has extensive experience in international tax and VAT claims before Danish courts, including the Supreme Court, and the European Court of Justice. The team is also adept at advising on corporate structures, restructurings and incentive programmes"