Veikko Toomere has more than 15 years of experience in advising Estonian and foreign companies, and he is a member of the Estonian Bar Association since 2005. In addition to assisting clients on the issues relating to their everyday business, Veikko has advised on a number of prominent M&A and financing transactions.
Veikko has extensive experience in insolvency and restructuring law. He is one of the most successful restructuring advisors in Estonia who has participated in the restructuring of a number of farms, construction companies, and other enterprises. Veikko contributes to the development of the restructuring law also as a member of the Insolvency Law Committee of the Estonian Bar Association. Veikko Toomere, a co-lead of the NJORD`s FinTech offering, has been ranked in the 2021 edition of Chambers FinTech and recognized as one of the leading FinTech attorneys in Estonia.
- Member of the Estonian Bar Association
- Member of the Insolvency Law Committee of the Estonian Bar Association
- Member of the Council of Danish-Estonian Chamber of Commerce
- "The life of e-residents is about to get more complicated". Published in Estonian by Ärileht.ee, 04.01.2018, coauthor.
- "What should creditors keep in mind, so that they wouldn’t get the short end of the stick during the restructuring proceedings?". Published in Estonian by Ärileht, 16.12.2017.
- "Restructuring – screwing creditors over or an actual chance to help companies?". Published in Estonian by Ärileht, 10.12.2017.
2015- Partner, NJORD
2005-2014 Partner, MAQS Law Firm
2000-2005 Partner, A Dato Partners Law Office
1996-2001 Concordia International University in Estonia
Estonian, English, Russian.
Veikko Toomere co-leads the firm's FinTech offering and advises predominantly on financial regulatory matters around payments, cryptocurrencies and lending platforms. Interviewees are highly complimentary of Toomere's practice, saying: "Veikko is extremely knowledgeable and knows exactly what you need for any given situation. If he doesn't, he knows who to refer you to." "I visited a number of lawyers and Veikko made the best impression," reveals a client; "he could answer the questions I really cared about and seemed a very trustworthy person. I value that a lot."