Veikko Toomere has more than 15 years of experience in advising Estonian and foreign companies, and he is a member of the Estonian Bar Association since 2005. In addition to assisting clients on the issues relating to their everyday business, Veikko has advised on a number of prominent M&A and financing transactions.
Veikko has extensive experience in insolvency and restructuring law. He is one of the most successful restructuring advisors in Estonia who has participated in the restructuring of a number of farms, construction companies and other enterprises. Veikko contributes to the development of the restructuring law also as a member of the Insolvency Law Committee of the Estonian Bar Association.
Veikko Toomere is Managing Partner of NJORD Tallinn office. He works in Estonian, English and Russian languages.
Veikko Toomere is ranked in Chambers Europe and Legal 500.
The Legal 500 mentions Veikko Toomere in the category of Banking, Finance and Capital Markets, naming him a restructuring specialist. He is also referred to in the area of real estate.
Additionally, Veikko Toomere has received various awards: Insolvency Lawyer of the Year in Estonia (2015, Corporate INTL) Legal Awards; Best Lawyer in Estonia 2014 (Insolvency and Reorganization Law) Best Lawyers.
- “The life of e-residents is about to get more complicated“. Published in Estonian by Ärileht.ee, 04.01.2018, coauthor.
- “What should creditors keep in mind, so that they wouldn’t get the short end of the stick during the restructuring proceedings?“. Published in Estonian by Ärileht, 16.12.2017.
- “Restructuring – screwing creditors over or an actual chance to help companies?“. Published in Estonian by Ärileht, 10.12.2017.
- Member of the Estonian Bar Association
- Member of the Insolvency Law Committee of the Estonian Bar Association
- Member of the Council of Danish-Estonian Chamber of Commerce
2005-2014Partner, MAQS Law Firm
2000-2005Partner, A Dato Partners Law Office
1996-2001Concordia International University in Estonia
Estonian, English, Russian.