Five important things to keep in mind when doing business with Danes
Be prepared for honesty!
- Danish business people are very direct – they say what they think. Business wise it is a great quality, since you will know what you are dealing with and will receive straight answers.
When the agreement is signed, the price negotiations start!
- In business relations Danes are pragmatic, fast and not too cautious. It is easy to enter into an agreement with a Dane. He would however always like to have the pricing issue open for further negotiations and haggling is a national sport.
Danes keep their business life and private life separated!
- Do not get surprised if the person you became good friends with yesterday at the pub keeps a distance and is slightly aggressive when you meet the next day for business negotiations.
Denmark is also digitalized, but not to the same extent as Estonia
- Also in Denmark you can register a limited liability company within a couple of hours. All information from public authorities in Denmark is sent to your digital inbox.
- Just be yourself but emphasize our Nordic features and our common history and Danes will feel more comfortable doing business with Estonians when they understand that we share much of our cultural background.
NJORD partner Karolina Ullman will be more than happy to help you if you have any questions regarding doing business with Danes.
NJORD Estonia: Sale of an immovable or cutting right
If there are mature trees on the immovable suitable for cutting, the landowner may at some point wonder whether to sell the immovable or the cutting right. It may be difficult to answer the question if one does not have any knowledge of forest management, no forest management plan or no clear idea of how to use the immovable in the future. Being at a crossroads, one should realise the legal differences between the two transactions.
NJORD has conducted training for Customs Board of the SRS
On December 6, Jana Panko, the Associate at NJORD Law Firm, participated in the seminar “Intellectual Property Right Protection”, organised by the State Revenue Service (SRS), representing, among representatives of other world-famous brands, interests of the NJORD’s client - widely recognizable manufacturer of watches and accessories, Daniel Wellington.
NJORD Estonia: What should you know about real estate reservation agreements
It is quite common that before concluding a real estate transaction, the buyer would like to reserve the object of purchase. Hence a real estate reservation agreement is concluded. The reservation period specified in the reservation agreement is typically used to get financials for the purchase in order. Additionally, the agreement allows for the opportunity for the interested buyer to calmly get familiar with the immovable and all the information about it. So, what should the parties know before concluding a real estate reservation agreement?