Another great year of growth in the Nordic Market
As 2018 is coming to an end it is a good time to look back and reminisce the passing year and its achievements. During the recent years NJORD Law Firm has continued enhancing its presence within the Nordic market and the year 2018 has not been an exception to this – during 2018 we assisted and acted as a counsel in various matters for our clients locally in Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden.
We take pride of our Nordic roots and are glad to say that NJORD Law Firm is indeed the gateway to the entire Nordic region. Our unique Nordic Team consists of local legal experts from each jurisdiction, which makes us unique in offering high quality legal services, in the local language, namely in Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian and Swedish, all from one firm.
Our leading associates and attorneys have within the past year provided legal advice and counselled in a great number of matters throughout the Nordic region. The provided services included advising in fields in respect to general corporate matters with priority on establishing businesses in the Nordic region, being one of the prominent players within the field of intellectual property, handling data protection matters, financial advice, employment and taxation matters within the field of business law.
A few examples from the year of 2018:
- NJORD’s Nordic team advised a global leading pharmaceutical company with establishing Nordics entities throughout the Nordic countries. This included corporate, financial, IP, taxation and employment advice, as well as the complete setup, which is now in place.
- NJORD is considered an expert advisory and prominent player in the intellectual property field throughout the Nordic region. This includes being the number one filer of trademark registrations in Denmark, being the firm with most court cases relating to Copyright matters in Sweden and handling trademark monitoring and litigation as well as trademark and domain name disputes as a preferred law firm in the Nordics.
- NJORD’s Nordic Team functions as a one-stop shop where a client can have one question answered for all Nordic countries, or where an assignment is made for all the Nordic countries, from the headquarters in Copenhagen. A recurrent matter for the Nordic Team is drafting terms and conditions and privacy policies adapted for each Nordic country and in local language.
- The Nordic team has in the financial field helped several entities such as distributors, AIFM’s and investment service companies intending to conduct their business in Sweden and Finland with providing advice regarding gold-plating of European Union law in these jurisdictions as well as providing advice regarding Norwegian financial regulation.
- NJORD’s Nordic team has further counselled a multinational medical equipment manufacturing company in various public procurement matters, including litigation, throughout the Nordic region.
- In respect to the telecom-industry, NJORD’s Nordic team has provided expertise and dealt with legal compliance to one of Europe’s largest telecom entities, which also includes a setup plan for entering the Nordic market.
Due to the increased demand and success we are glad to announce that our Nordic team is expanding, and we look forward to welcoming new faces from each jurisdiction during the beginning of year 2019.
2018 has been a wonderful year for us and we hope 2019 will be even greater. The N(J)ordic Team takes this opportunity of demonstrating gratitude for the passed year.
On behalf of NJORD we wish you joyful Christmas season and a new year full of happiness for you and your loved ones.