Nikolay Demchuk is a legal professional with a specialization in information technology law and with a practical insight into gambling law, AML compliance, cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies. Nikolay has legal and practical experience of gambling law and AML compliance as he was working in gambling and banking industry. Nikolay has several publications about innovations and cryptocurrency in Estonia and Ukraine. He is also interested in capital market and fintech/regtech compliance and he frequently participates in the conferences and forums dedicated to these topics.
- EU Proposal on Crowdfunding Service Providers may affect blockchain business
- “GDPR challenges for blockchain technology“. Rmp.ee, 20.03.2018. Published in Estonian.
- “Initial Coin Offering in Estonia – is customized regulation on the horizon?“. IT-uudised, 15.03.2018. Published in Estonian, co-author
- Article on virtual currency law “Uus virtuaalvääringute regulatsioon“, IT-uudised.ee, 08.01.2018. Article only available in Estonian, co-author
- Article on the triumpf of blockchain technology “Plokiahela tehnoloogia võidukäik“. Published by the leading business magazine in Estonia Äripäev, 29.11.2017 and by the portal IT-uudised, 03.12.2017. Article only available in Estonian
- “Why hasn’t Estonia issued any e-money licences?“. Estonianworld.com, 08.11.2017
- “Businesses should not be afraid to work with cryptocurrency” Estonian World, 14.07.2017
- “How bitcoins change the world” (Ukrainian website bit.ua)
- “It’s time for an Estonian sandbox“. Äripäev (leading business newspaper in Estonia), 07.11.2016
- Member of the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists
- Member of ELSA (European Law Student’s Association)
2016-Lawyer, NJORD, Tallinn, Estonia
2017AML Analyst, Citi Bank, Warsaw, Poland
2016Intern, Starman AS, Tallinn, Estonia
2015-2016Online games specialist, Betgenius, Tallinn, Estonia
2014-2015Lawyer, Coordinating Center of Free Legal Aid, Odesa, Ukraine
2013Intern, Law office Dr. J Bollag & Cie, Zug, Switzerland
2018ELSA summer law school in Lisbon 2018, Capital Market Law
2016University of Tartu, Master of Arts on IT Law
2015National University “Odessa Law Academy” (LL.M)
Ukrainian, Russian, English, Polish
*According to Art. 40 (3) of the Estonian Bar Association Act, lawyers and legal assistants do not provide legal services. Lawyers and legal assistants are assisting the attorneys.