Silja Elunurm is an attorney-at-law and a member of the Estonian Bar Association. Currently, she is managing daily operations of NJORD Law Firm and acting as a project lead to large-scale legal research projects.
She has extensive experience in advising ICT companies throughout their lives, including being litigation, trademark and licensing lawyer for technology companies. Since 2006, she has had extensive experience in managing large-scale projects, either as a department manager or as a partner of a law firm.
Her practice has also included a considerable number of health and medicine sector related clients: medical devices producers and distributors and MedTech start-ups, MedData analytics companies, biopharmaceutical companies and parallel exporters of pharmaceuticals, health care providers.
Lately, she has acted as a project lead of NJORD’s legal advisory team for the personalized medicine project, initiated by the Ministry of the Social Affairs.
She was one of the initiators of the University of Tartu IT law program and a guest lecturer during the period of September 2014 till August 2019. The focus of the course she taught was legal risk mapping and legal risk management in an ICT company.
Silja was a member of the Estonian Intellectual Property Codification Working Group from 2011-2013.
- “An illusory fight against money laundering“. Äripäev.ee, 01.07.2020 (published in Äripäev in Estonian)
- “Bolt, Tallink ja päevapoliitika ehk tants riigiabi ümber“. Äripäev.ee, 16.04.2020
- “e-Estonia and remote provision of the legal services: A real-life case study how the Estonian law firm NJORD was prepared for the new reality“. The Legal Technologist (issue No. 10), May 2020
- “Estonia: TMT“. The Legal 500, June 2020. Co-author
- Article about the three challenges law firms face: “Advokaadibürood seisavad silmitsi kolme väljakutsega“. Äripäev.ee, 14.02.2020 (published only in Estonian)
- Commented on the Estonian approach to the development of the coronavirus alert app in the HBL-is (Hufvudstadsbladet)
- Member of Estonian Bar Association
2018-CEO, attorney at law, NJORD Estonia
2014-2019Visiting lecturer at Tartu University. Subject: Legal Steps in IPR Intensive Enterprise Life Cycle
2012-2015Partner, Law Firm Indela & Elunurm
2012-2015Board member, Estonian Service Industry Association
2011-2013Member of the research team established by the Ministry of Justice: Estonian Intellectual Property Codification Working Group
2006-2012Head of IP/IT area, attorney at law, Law Firm Teder, Glikman and partners
2004-2006Attorney, Law Firm Aivar Pilv
2001-2004Lawyer, SEB leasing (SEB Bank)
2007Amsterdam University, LL.M International and European Law „cum laude“
2002Tartu University, Institute of Law
Estonian (native speaker), English (C1), German (B2.1), Russian (B2.1)